Welcome to Satellite Beach Recreation!
I hope you find the information on our web pages helpful as you navigate through and learn about the department and the many interesting and exciting things happening within our community.
Whether you live here or are just visiting, we invite you to take advantage of the programs, facilities, and special events available to you. Our dedicated staff assumes the honor, privilege, and responsibilities of the service and confidence our citizens have entrusted to us. We will continue to work hard and strive to give our patrons the very best we have to offer.
At the recommendation of the Florida Department of Health and the Governor of Florida, our City is taking protective measures to minimize exposure and slow the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the following information on recreation programs and facilities is current as of Monday, June 1, 2020:
INFORMATION ABOUT SUMMER CAMPS NOW AVAILABLE
VISIT PLAYSATELLITEBEACH.ORG TO LEARN MORE
OUTDOOR RECREATION FACILITIES ARE NOW OPEN WITH LIMITATIONS -
- Beach parking within the City of Satellite Beach is now open. Bathrooms for the beaches are also open. Our staff will be cleaning the bathroom facilities regularly.
- Athletic fields are available from dawn until dusk, for practices and exercise for individuals or groups of ten (10) or less. Users must maintain safe distance of six (6) feet away from each other at all times. Parking and restrooms are available at these locations.
- Dog park is open M-F from 7:30am-11am and 4pm-7:30pm. Saturday and Sunday the dog park is open from 7:30am-7:30pm. All regular entry requirements and fees apply. Large dog area limited to ten (10) people with their dog(s). Small dog area limited to ten (10) people with their dog(s). Staff is on site to ensure safe practices. Parking and restrooms are available at this facility.
- Skate park is open M-F from 12pm-8pm. and Saturday and Sunday from 9am-8pm. No more than twenty (20) skaters allowed inside the park at a time. Skaters should keep six (6) feet from each other at all times and should not loiter within the park. Loitering near the park entrance or near the hut is prohibited and if these measures are not respected, the City may have to re close the facility. Staff is on site to ensure safe practices. Parking and restrooms are available at this facility.
- Desoto tennis and racquetball courts are open 7:30am-1pm and then 4pm-8pm daily. Singles are strongly encouraged for both tennis and racquetball courts. Doubles tennis can be played IF availability allows for an empty court immediately next to the court doubles is being played on. Racquetball can be played with another person, if both people reside in the same household. Court reservations can be made by calling the tennis attendant at the tennis hut, 773-3313.
- Exercise equipment around Desoto Storm Water Park is open from dawn until dusk. Users should take precautions for their own safety, including using hand sanitizer before and after every use and wiping down equipment with sanitizer wipes. Please do not use this equipment if you feel uncomfortable. If you choose to use this equipment, please understand that there are inherent risks in doing so.
- Kayak launch at Desoto Storm Water Park is available and parking lot is open. This launch is for non-motorized equipment only, such as kayaks, canoes and paddle boards.
- Playgrounds at Cinnamon Park, Desoto Park, the Sports & Recreation Park and Pelican Beach Park (BRAND NEW EQUIPMENT!) are now open to the public from dawn until dusk. (Please note there is no additional cleaning of this equipment taking place other than regular maintenance. Use of city playgrounds is at your own risk. Please take precautions to protect yourselves and your children by sanitizing hands before and after use, and not touching faces).
PLEASE USE BEST PRACTICES FOR HYGIENE WHILE VISITING OUR FACILITIES
DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE, FREQUENTLY WASH YOUR HANDS, AND USE HAND SANITIZER
ALL INDOOR RECREATION FACILITIES INCLUDING DRS COMMUNITY CENTER AND THE PELICAN BEACH CLUBHOUSE ARE OPEN.,
The City recreation administrative offices are open at this time, please call to make an appointment or with any questions, 773-6458.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 AND UPDATES ABOUT CITY SERVICES PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING PAGE ON OUR WEBSITE:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) City Updates
Thank you, stay safe & healthy!
-SB Rec Staff
Click below to view our