The Satellite Beach Police Department is thankful to Mr. Jim Jensen, a co-contributor who enabled the purchase of our 2011 Honda TRX420FMB Rancher ATV. This vehicle allows us to actively patrol our 3 miles of Atlantic coastline. We are also thankful to our host condominium that allows us to store our ATV for quick response time and easy access to the beach.
Our ATV is used for patrolling our beaches on a routine basis where we look for injured wildlife and dogs on the beach. Our ATV is an excellent resource when we receive a 911 call to locate a missing child who has wandered off. Through our routine patrols, we also deter unwanted criminal activity and quick accessibility when an incident arises.
Our ATV is transportable on a trailer should we need this resource in another location of our city. Both trained law enforcement and police department volunteers operate our ATV.
2011 Honda Rancher TRX420FMB
- 420cc liquid cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four stroke engine eliminates unnecessary right-angle driveline changes so more power reaches the ground.
- Programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) with Keihin 34mm throttle body provides crisp performance, excellent economy and trouble free operation.
- Honda automatic five-speed with reverse transmission features fast shifting and Electronic Shift Program (ESP) lets you shift gears with the push of a button.
- Belt free 4-Wheel Drive.
- Direct front and rear driveshafts.
- TraxLok selectable 2WD/4WD and 4 WD for maximum versatility.
- Optional Electornic Power Steering (EPS) is both speed and torque sensitve which makes riding through ruts or over boulder fields easier than ever.